29 Users Online
From the show I least expected...
While watching the premiere episode of "Wyonna Earp", I was pleasantly surprised to see some strong tactical skills while protecting VIP. This excellent display of tactics came at the end of the show when Deputy Marshall Xavier Dolls pulled up in an black SUV to pick up Wynonna and her sister, Waverly. Below, I will provide step-by-step analysis of the tactics.
1. SUV pulls up 20 feet to VIP (Waverly). It makes an almost 180 turn before parking for a fast exit.
2. Deputy Marshall Dolls steps out of the vehicle as soon as the SUV stops.
3. He avoids chit chat with Wynonna (VIP escort) and Waverly and scans the threat direction.
4. Handgun raised to eyesight, ready to fire on threats. Head and gun swivels side to side to cover 90 degrees zone toward the last known threat.
5. Wyonna escorts Waverly directly to the backseat, keeping their heads down.
5. Deputy Marshall Dolls communicates verbally with the VIP escort, without looking backward to check on status himself.
6. Wyonna communicates in a loud, clear, concise manner that they are secure.
7. As soon as they are secure in the vehicle, Deputy Marshall Dolls steps into the SUV and takes off.
This is a very secure and efficient display of VIP protection. I am very pleased that the producers/directors takes the US Marshals Black Badge division's role seriously and provided real-world tactics in a gunslinger TV show. We can all learn from this excellent demonstration of tactics.
Unfortunately, I cannot find full episode replay, as it just aired a few minutes ago. But here is the re-cap of the show:
http://www.syfy.com/wynonnaearp/episodes/season/1/episode/1/ . . .
Below, you can see Deputy Marshall Xavier Dolls and his pistol configuration.
Sat, 02 Apr 2016 10:42:04 +0400
Did your message disappear? Read the Forums FAQ.
Spam Control | * indicates required field
TrackBack only accepted from WebSite-X Suite web sites. Do not submit TrackBacks from other sites.
No TrackBacks yet. TrackBack can be used to link this thread to your weblog, or link your weblog to this thread. In addition, TrackBack can be used as a form of remote commenting. Rather than posting the comment directly on this thread, you can posts it on your own weblog. Then have your weblog sends a TrackBack ping to the TrackBack URL, so that your post would show up here.
Messages, files, and images copyright by respective owners.