30 Users Online
I have recently started upgrading my Echo1 Red Star IGOR VSS Vintorez. This gun and the same gun under different brands, S&T and AY, are quite new, so there are very little information about upgrading it. I'm starting this thread so those of us that own this gun can get together and talk about ideas, success stories, etc.
So far, I have successfully upgraded a few things on it so I will share.
1. I have upgraded the inner barrel to a longer 470mm 6.01mm tightbore. See "Echo1 Red Star IGOR Inner Barrel Upgrade".
2. I don't think the ported cylinder is sufficient for the 470mm inner barrel. Therefore, I have upgraded it to a non-ported cylinder.
3. The stock main spring is a regular pitch spring. I installed an irregular pitched spring and the stock motor was able to pull it fine. I don't know the spring rate of either spring. The irregular pitched spring is harder than the stock spring. FPS went from 383 to 419 (did not adjust hop-up).
4. I upgraded the thick orange tip to a short profile barrel tip. It's slightly more maneuverable. See "How to Remove the Orange Tip on the Echo1 Red Star IGOR?
5. I lost the rubber shoulder stock the first time I took it to the field. I replaced it with a short profile battery pad. It turn out the shoulder stock was too long for me. The short profile battery pad shaved off almost an inch, allowed me to have a more comfortable posture with the magnified scope.
Let us know what you did with your VSS Vintorez airsoft gun.
Fri, 01 Aug 2014 12:23:52 +0400
6. I installed an air seal nozzle. It increased FPS from 419 to 429 with 0.2g BBs. See "Echo1 Red Star IGOR Air Nozzle Comparison".
7. I installed M145 spring. And installed Matrix ball bearing spring guide. Velocity went from 429 FPS to 480 FPS. Stock motor and battery was able to pull this combination, but not the M150 I tried.
Mon, 04 Aug 2014 04:01:05 +0400
I'm planning on converting mine to high pressure air using Polar Star or Wolverine SMP and get about 30 bbs per second, but that's going to cost over 400 bucks to do.
Wed, 17 Jun 2015 21:16:16 +0400
Did your message disappear? Read the Forums FAQ.
TrackBack only accepted from WebSite-X Suite web sites. Do not submit TrackBacks from other sites.
Title: Echo1 Red Star IGOR VSS Vintorez Review
Weblog: Airsoft SpecOps
Tracked: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 02:45:39 +0300
Title: Complete Tear Down of the Echo1 Red Star IGOR VSS Vintorez
Weblog: Airsoft SpecOps
Excerpt: When it comes to airsoft guns that I love, I want to know everything about it. Most of all, I want to know what's inside it. So I am pleasantly surprised that Echo1 is very transparent about their airsoft guns, especially their newly released Echo1 Red Star IGOR VSS Vintorez. In the "Echo1 USA IGOR . . .
Tracked: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 21:33:15 +0300
Spam Control | * indicates required field
Messages, files, and images copyright by respective owners.